Blog: 2020 Year in Review
2020 has been a remarkable year in so many ways. While many are eager to turn the page to 2021 with renewed optimism, reflecting on the prior year’s silver linings can evoke many positive feelings about the progress that was made, despite many struggles experienced around the world. We at SyncThink are no exception, however we believe the many accomplishments achieved in the face of these struggles offer a clear vision for our most important year ever, 2021. We say bring it on!
Some of our notable achievements include:
- 3,000+ Clinicians
- With a growing user base representing more and more specialities, the EYE-SYNC community has grown to over 3,000 clinicians worldwide, representing cutting edge providers in clinical care, sports, military, and ongoing medical research. To better support our growing users, we launched a formal EYE-SYNC certification program so that our users may be able to better distinguish themselves in the marketplace as a trained and certified EYE-SYNC provider.
- 100,000+ Patient Assessments
- In mid 2020, the SyncThink Neurohealth Database achieved a significant milestone, eclipsing the 100,000 patient mark! Adding to what already is the largest eye tracking database in the world, our data collection workflows have captured even broader population data, to better inform our machine learning efforts, so that we may continue to improve assessment of neurological health and make it more accessible for all.
- 12 Webinars
- In support of our growing community, we launched the EYE-SYNC Webinar Series and produced 12 webinars that covered everything from EYE-SYNC results interpretation, to clinical management input from key opinion leaders, and beyond.
- 4 New Paradigms
- In Spring 2020, we developed and launched 4 new eye tracking paradigms on our platform. For our new partners in Pharma, we launched an expansion of our Saccade paradigm to include pro/anti saccades. This will be coming to all users in early 2021. We also expanded our therapeutic paradigms to include the highly anticipated Quadrant training paradigm, which allows patients to improve deficits by training in a specific area of the visual field. We added to our performance suite with the expansion of the VORx paradigm to include real time biofeedback which intuitively cycles between three levels of difficulty based on moment-by-moment performance.
- 14 New Data Inventories
- Our suite of neurocognitive inventories continues to swell to reflect the growing needs of the provider workflow. The ever-growing stable of inventories means that EYE-SYNC can serve as a central neurological health hub, wherein forms can be uploaded to the same EMR as your eye tracking data for streamlined and robust patient data management.
- Expanded Reporting Features
- We closed out the year with a major expansion to our results visualization and reporting workflow. The scale of this update cannot be overstated, so be sure to check out the new visuals and reports for all of our core assessments including Smooth Pursuit, Saccades, VOR, and VORx. This is part of a multi-phased roll out that will continue into early 2021.
2021 is already shaping up to be a significant year in our short history. We have several MAJOR announcements coming, which we cannot wait to share with our loyal users. We’re looking forward to a year of renewed hope, innovation, and prosperity for all.