SyncThink Technical Lead
Join a healthcare startup that is transforming the way medical professionals assess concussion and monitor ongoing brain performance.
SyncThink provides a fast (60 second), objective assessment that is critical to brain health and performance. Our technology characterizes an individual’s visual orientation – a critical brain function for attention and safety. EYE-SYNC has been validated over the past 10 years in 23 peer-reviewed publications; 12 granted patents; FDA clearance; and on the field and clinics of elite institutions like Stanford, Walter Reed, Texas, Notre Dame, and Mass General Hospital.
The technical lead will architect, implement, and manage SyncThink technology across the EYE-SYNC mobile platform – VR, Android, and cloud. They will manage a small, growing engineering team: personally implement key platform services; mentor less experienced team members; and set a high bar for quality and maintainability. A successful lead provides reliable deliveries; offers creative, candid advice; and avoids security and performance issues through experience. The EYE-SYNC technical lead will report to SyncThink’s CTO.
In return, SyncThink will provide access to industry-leading eye tracking and virtual reality; a rock-solid mobile and cloud architecture; a talented, dedicated team; and a meaningful pursuit in brain health.
– Lead a team of five engineers
– Implement critical product infrastructure
– Collaborate with the CTO to chart technology direction and deliverables
– Design and execute a responsive delivery pipeline
– Maintain rigorous, automated testing environment
– Evaluation and adoption of next-generation hardware platforms
– 7+ years of production experience over most our technology stack
– Ability to prototype quickly and creatively
– A mastery deploying TDD / agile methods
– A passion for learning new technologies in the pursuit of cleaner, more efficient code
– Great communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
– Attention to detail and expectation of quality from yourself and others
– Ability to lead a software development team
– Android SDK
– Node.js / AngularJS
– D3.js / Highcharts
– Couchbase or similar NoSQL
– Azure or AWS
– Worked within one or more security standards – HIPAA, PCI
– Worked with one or more VR platforms
– Already based in the San Francisco Bay Area